Hanging and Care of Wall Hangings
Once the tapestry has been produced the final touches are applied. The tapestry is lined, a label giving its title, date and number and the Museum where the original can be found is sewn on the back. The master weavers then sign the tapestry and rings or bars are attached. Your wall art is now completely ready to be hung and requires no special care.
HOW TO HANG TAPESTRIES ON YOUR WALL
Tapestries are delivered rolled.
Using Hanging Rods
- Flush-mounted fixing specially developed for hanging tapestry wall hangings, Fleur de Lys hanging rods add the perfect decorative touch to every tapestry.
- Simple to hang with just two fixings screws which are supplied.
- Choose from Brass Fleur de Lys Finials or Black Spear Finials.
- Please call for further details.
Hanging with bars
- The 2 outer hooks are to be fixed first, then those in the middle of the panel.
- Small picture hooks are most suitable.
- This method of hanging wall art gives maximum impact as there is nothing to distract the viewer from the tapestry.
Hanging with rod pockets
- Use a decorative rod of sufficient diameter fitted for the weight and size of the tapestry.
- Fix brackets on to the wall.
- Slide the rod into the tapestry pocket
- Finish off the rod with decorative finials
- Then hang the tapestry on to the brackets.
CARE OF YOUR TAPESTRY
- Wall hangings require no special care to stay looking great. From time to time you can brush your tapestry or clean with a vacuum cleaner.
- Dry clean every 10 years only if required.
- If you want to iron your wall art before hanging on the wall, make sure to do it on the back of your tapestry with a steam iron..